PE Premium Funding
At Pakefield Primary School, we receive £20,100 to enhance, enable and enrich the lives of our children by offering them something new, exciting and different in our provision for PE.
Successes at Pakefield
- We have achieved the School Games Gold mark for two years running.
- Participation at tournaments has increased year on year from 2014 – 2019, all children from year 1 represent the school at sporting tournaments.
- We use our own health and well-being strategy for our children and families to ensure children and adults lead a well balanced lifestyle.
- We deliver a wide range of sporting opportunities both through competitive tournaments and extracurricular clubs.
- Our well established links with ONE life Suffolk help to continue to raise awareness of health and well-being.
- Parent health and well-being clubs have been introduced to improve engagement.
Clubs children look part in last year included
- Running club,
- Health and fitness club,
- Street dance
- One life Suffolk family club.
Meeting national curriculum requirements for swimming and water safety:
66% of Year 6 children could swim using a range of effective strokes, competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres when they left Pakefield Primary School last year. The children could also perform safe self-rescue techniques.
66% of Year 6 children could use a range of strokes effectively when they left our school at the end of last year.
39% percentage of our Year 6 children could perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations last year.
PE Premium Impact and Spending Report